Oct 31, 2019 3:30 PM By Heath Ellison Charleston City Paper https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/TheBattery/archives/2019/10/31/south-carolina-ranks-near-the-bottom-in-national-mental-health-study
South Carolina’s mental health is in a dangerous place, according to a recent report from community-based non-profit Mental Health America. Comparing all 50 states and the District of Columbia in their rates for mental health problems and access to proper care, the annual State of Mental Health in America study ranked S.C. 44th overall in the nation.
In the last five years, the state has dropped 11 places in ranking. In 2015, Read More
- Why mental health care deserts persist for U.S. children
- How Families Can Work Together
- NAMI Applauds HHS For Removing Barriers To Treatment For People With Serious Mental Illness
- More states, including SC, working to require mental health education in the classroom
- New nonprofit Walt’s Waltz working with SC Universities to better understand mental illness