Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 3:02 PM Posted by Heath Ellison Charleston City Paper https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/TheBattery/archives/2020/02/04/berkeley-reps-bill-would-require-mental-health-and-wellness-education-in-sc-schools
South Carolina schools are one step closer to required education on mental health thanks to new legislation passed in the state House of Representatives last week. The bill (H.3257) creates an amendment to the Health Education Act obligating the State Board of Education to develop age-appropriate standards for students that address mental, social, and emotional health.
The board will also provide instructional material to school Read More
- Brain-wave pattern can identify people likely to respond to antidepressant, study finds
- How To Move Forward After Going Through A Crisis
- 5 Reminders For Survivors Of Trauma
- Ending the stigma surrounding mental illness and suicide in South Carolina
- 1 in 6 kids has a mental health crisis. Easley High is training students how to respond