December 13, 2019 at 8:01 PM EST – Updated December 13 at 10:51 PM By Jason Raven WISTV https://www.wistv.com/2019/12/14/ending-stigma-surrounding-mental-illness-suicide-south-carolina/
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) – Dennis Gillan remembers a time when he didn’t talk about his brothers, Mark and Matthew.
“What happened to me was really bad and I don’t want it to happen to somebody else,” he said.
His older brother Mark died by suicide in the early 1980s. Gillan said that experience was very painful for him and his younger brother. They Read More
- 1 in 6 kids has a mental health crisis. Easley High is training students how to respond
- 6 Ways You Can Help A Loved One On Their Healing Journey
- NAMI Board Of Directors Names Daniel H. Gillison, Jr. As New Chief Executive
- Affordable treatment for mental illness and substance abuse gets harder to find
- Parents, teachers say ‘not enough’ mental health resources in Beaufort Co. schools