September 24, 2019 at 7:45 AM EDT – Updated September 25 at 3:55 AM By Amy Kawata WMBF News https://www.wmbfnews.com/2019/09/24/more-states-including-sc-working-require-mental-health-education-classroom/
HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WMBF) – Many students have been in school for about a month now and the topic of suicide and mental health is in the spotlight. As a result, more states are requiring mental health education.
Several states have either approved or have legislation in the works related to mental health education. In South Carolina, a bill was introduced Read More
- New nonprofit Walt’s Waltz working with SC Universities to better understand mental illness
- NAMI Releases First Free Online Class For Parents Of Children With Mental Illness
- NAMI Applauds 3-Digit Suicide Hotline Legislation
- It’s national suicide awareness week. These inmates are looking out for those who feel hopeless.
- Mental Health: ‘It’s hard to see young people make such a final decision’